Thursday, December 8, 2011

Day 59................Changes

It's been a long time now, longer than I could have ever imagined not eating any food. I can't even remember what the last thing was that I actually ate. I know I started on a Tuesday because I was off that Monday and shopped for produce. What changed along the way? I went back and read the first 2 weeks of my blog and then skipped around a bit to see.

The first thing I noticed was that it took about 2 weeks before my focus changed away from weight loss to the benefits of juicing. Oh, I was, and am still concerned with that, but it slowly became much more. I was lucky, I never noticed any of the detox symptoms I have read about. Most likely that was because I rarely drank caffeine and already ate a fair amount of vegetables. I also prefer to cook my own food, instead of eating out very often. That is because mine tastes better and costs a lot less.

I think that the energy for me started kicking in on the 5th or 6th day. I remember, I honestly didn't know what to do with myself. It had to be from the juice, because I had not lost that much weight. I still get that boost after I drink it, but now, it seems more normal. I still get cold after drinking it. Bother! My energy level has remained the same. I am awake during the day and sleep well at night. I started waking up with less and less trouble. Even when I don't have to go to work, I wake up earlier than I used to. Shopping doesn't wipe me out, either. Nothing wipes me out anymore, even two very active grandkids. ( but I'm not so old, you probably read about me in the National Enquirer, "Four Year Old Gives Birth".... yeah, that was me)

Mental changes are harder to detect in yourself. I have been told that I seem happier and more positive. At work, I do not let things bug me as much. I am more focused than I used to be and things in general, are clearer. I mean lots of things, colors, smells, taste, general awareness. Kind of hard to explain, but I feel like I am more alive. I didn't feel dead before. Of course, you wouldn't know you had a layer about you until it gets peeled off. It's like my whole body had a face peel. Gross. I never thought about it before.

Being able to do things more easily makes me happy everyday, too. Every time I step into my Tahoe, I notice the change in me. It's easier to lean over to tie my shoes.....just lots of little things like that. I notice.

Kidneys are still functioning at tip top capacity. I should have kept track of my TP bill to see how much this is costing me in the bathroom. I never researched how fast liquids should be processed. I'm sure that I would win a race on that one. Capacity seems to have improved, however. That may be due to more room inside. I do not know. Waste management, also the same. "Stuff" gets deposited for disposal every 4-6 days I would say. I still have never had that Senna Leaf tea I bought way back on Day 5. I still beware of the toots, but haven't had any further issues, since....can't recall the day....early on anyway.

There was one more thing, but it's not really much of a change. I never craved foods often. When I did, I would usually take care of it because I thought that was my body's way of telling me I needed something. It could be a banana, stuffed peppers, peanut butter and jelly sandwich, or cheese and spinach quesadilla. It just didn't happen much. Since I have been juicing only, I haven't experienced what I would think of as a craving, because I haven't been hungry hardly at all. I have missed eating hot food probably the most. I do love a good juicy cheeseburger that I make and grill out, with my own coleslaw on top. If it was sitting in front of me right now, I honestly don't know if I would want it or not. Well, right, now, I can tell you I would not. I'm full. This whole thing was easier for me because, while I like all kinds of food, sometimes I forget to eat. I am not addicted to it. In fact, I have probably had a more steady diet these past days than I ever did in my life. Light bulb moment!! Aside from all the good from juicing, that could well be part of why I feel so much better. Regular input! Interesting.

Whoa, this one got long, sorry about that. And I was worried I would run out of things to say. Only thing left for today is......................

Juice on and thank-you Joe and Jason for inspiring me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment