Friday, December 16, 2011

Post Fast...Day 6

Today was the first day that I had no juice at all since 65 days ago. It wasn't intentional. I managed to turn my alarm off without really waking up. Luckily I did wake up just in time to barely make it to work on time. I did grab a yogurt, the figs, hummus, crackers and steamed veggies, so I was well supplied for the day anyway.

Then last night, I decided to do something after work tonight, so had no time at all tonight, except to take care of the pups and rush back out. It seems odd not to have made or consumed any juice. But tonight, I did something that I haven't done in over 5 years. I went to a show and had dinner with friends!

The isolation is of my own design. It's partly because of life events, partly because of the way I felt about my body, but most recently,  because I didn't have the energy to do anything after work. Even on the weekends, doing the shopping and taking care of the house was about all I could accomplish. Sure, I would have the occasional outing on the weekends, but I always suffered from whatever crazy thing I had attempted. But now, things have changed.

The 7th day of the fast, was when I spontaneously decided to drive into downtown Dallas to see Joe Cross after work on a Monday night. I stayed up late that night, but was just as alert all day as if I had gone to bed early. I've said this before, but at that time, it wasn't the weight loss giving me the energy. It was the juice. Now, I am starting to feel more confident about being able to do things for 2 reasons. One, I know I won't be exhausted. Two, because I feel better about my appearance. That's a good combo.

I had such a good time tonight. What a difference a day makes. It rained much of the time as I was driving, but I had a better idea of the "lay of the land." Besides, I was going out and doing something with Friends! I saw belly dancers. My friend's wife is one. They are truly amazing. Dinner was enjoyable too. Love the fact that things have so much more flavor. I was very thankful for the opportunity. I told my pal that it made me feel like a person again. That sounds a bit pathetic. It isn't. I was happy enough the way I was. The thing is, you don't realize you have fallen in a hole sometimes. Why you can't tell you are in a hole, no idea, but that is what I had let happen to me. I am coming back to life due to changes that I decided to make and it feels good. No one could have done it for me and that is good too, because I know what I did and I can take the confidence boost and use that well. Shoot, I may even go on a date someday.............wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

Thanks BigDaddy/2. You are an inspiration to me. So is your wife. Great kids, too. Lucky man. Lucky me, to call you my friend.
(he even texted  me to make sure I got home all right! Not used to that, except from family.......so cool)

Stay strong!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment