Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Post Fast...Day 4

This morning the scale told me I am 2 pounds heavier. I don't care. It seems like I must have eaten more than that, but maybe not. Hard to tell. I expect to gain some, because I was basically empty by the end of the fast. Even on the fast, the weight loss would slow down or stop after a few days. The Waste Management department would take care of that. If I can remember, I bought some dried figs to eat if I get a sweet craving or want a snack. Must throw in backpack right now. They feel kind of squishy inside the bag, so not that dried out. A couple of them might move things along.

Two things happened today that haven't in a long time. In the middle of the afternoon, in a boring meeting, I got a little bit sleepy. It didn't last long. The second thing was, that a while after that, my tummy was like "I'm hungry!" Not screaming hungry, but definitely a sensation. I just drank some water. So things must be "waking" up inside.

Did better today with juice and food. I got my breakfast juice made and a half Mean Green. I took leftover green beans and tiny red potatoes, to go with the juice. I read somewhere that you should eat some yogurt, the good kind with active cultures, after a fast. I bought some last Sat. Have I remembered I even had it? Sure I didn't. I now have moved it to the front of the refrigerator so I will remember to take it with me in the morning.

I was getting concerned, that since I am not really eating much I might not be getting the nutrients I was from just juice. How could I? Can't eat all that goes into a juice. So, as I was wandering around the grocery store tonight, after work, after taking some stuff to storage, ( never would have been doing either those things after work), I spied some humus-buy one get one free. I don't have much experience with it, but I know that it's made out of beans and has lots of protein in it. I decided to give it a try and got black olive and garlic-artichoke. Now, what to do with it? I found some skinny wheat crackers that I hope aren't too bad for me and I never had before. While I was waiting for my dinner to cook, I tried some of the black olive on 3 crackers. (They are not too big). The first bite really puzzled me. What the heck was that taste? A couple more nibbles and I figured it out. It tasted just like a chili-cheese dog. I am Serious!! I don't know if it was the humus or the cracker or both but boy, I used to like chili-cheese yaps. Now, I will have this instead. Great snack or maybe a meal.The brand is Athenas. $3.79, at Kroger.

Dinner was great! I steamed up a bunch of veggies, some more of the tiny taters, and just a small amount of Hillshire Farms beef links, sliced up thin. I know, I know. You are supposed to start with fish or chicken, something mild. But I love to put the sausage in the top of the double steamer I have, and let it drip down to flavor the veggies. They would have been delicious without it. I did it anyway. Also, cooked some brown rice, takes forever to cook, but I like it. I made all this stuff so I can have it for lunches the rest of the week, and maybe dinner too. I ate about a cup and a half, if that. Just a small bowl. I wanted to suck it down, it was so good. Instead, I made sure I really chewed each bite and savored the flavors. It's more than will fit inside an Easter egg, but I haven't had any problems so far. I really hope that all this food isn't just sitting around inside me. I would hate to get food poisoning from the inside out, if that can even happen.

One last thing I found out for today. Black Pepper is hotter than it used to be! When did they change that, I'd like to know? Geez-o-man, have to adjust. 

Stay on track!!

No comments:

Post a Comment