Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day one

Last night, I washed, peeled and removed the rinds of the produce I will be using for my juice. Since I am new, I am not really sure of the quantities, but I did have some recipes to give me an idea. I think getting it ready the night before is the way to go, as I don't like getting up early unless I have to.

I did get up early, because I wasn't sure how long it would take me to make breakfast and lunch in my Breville juicer.  Since everything was ready to go, in 2 big bowls in the fridge, it only took me 20 minutes, including cleaning between the breakfast juice of a small pineapple and 2 oranges and the final cleanup. Cool!! I can handle that.

Now, I had read that you should drink your juice ASAP, but I can't do that for lunch. I also read that it you store it, to fill a thermos all the way up, so no air can get to it. Air breaks down the nutrients. I did not want to do that. I put my lunch in a zip top bag, got all the air out and put it in a soft side cooler with a Blue Ice in it to keep it cold. Light also is a negative influence, so being it the cooler takes care of that. I have about 20 oz. which will be plenty.

It has been 3 hours since I drank my breakfast. I have had one big glass of water. I am not even a little bit hungry. And I turned down some yummy looking homemade pumpkin bread this morning.

How am I going to drink my lunch? Easy peasy, I will just plop the zip top in a big mug I have, put a straw in it and I'll be all set. So far so good.  

2 comments:

  1. Where did you find the plan to follow? My husband and I want to do the 60 day plan but I can't find it anywhere. We just watched Joe's movie tonight and I am so ready. How is it going for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not find a plan to follow. I watched the movie,and then just started doing some research on my own. Then I started doing juice only with some recipes I like. I drink the same thing for lunch every day, the Mean Green. It's just easier because of work. I switch up the breakfast and dinner juices because I think variety is important. I only drink a big glass 30-40 or so OZ 3 times a day, but some like to break it up into 5-6 times a day. I drink water in between. Plenty of it too. Good luck. Oh, it's going just great!! My blog gets better with more info as I went along. Hope it helps you.

    ReplyDelete