Saturday, October 29, 2011

This is Nineteen!!

Time to do inventory for shopping. I did fairly well on not running out of anything except for Kale and a pepper for today. Oddly, I seem to have miscalculated my celery needs and ended up with 3 bunches left over. I don't know how that happened. It did look like a lot when I bought it. At least is keeps well enough so I can use it this week. Had some extra apples too because I decided to substitute carrots for one of the apples in some of the breakfast juices. I can't tell the difference and I hoped to cut down on some of the calories and add more nutrients.

Looks like I lost at least another pound. I still can't really tell by looking at myself. Yesterday I was talking to my co-worker about it. We were discussing the fact that I have not had even one tiny bite of food for 16 days, it was, yesterday. Both of us found that hard to believe. He did say that he noticed I look thinner. I was surprised, one, because he's a guy and two, because he sees me almost everyday, and three, because I can't tell any difference. However, it made me feel good. I can't wait though, for someone to come up to me and say "Are you losing weight?" I plan to tell them "no, I just defragged. "

Off to shop for week FOUR!! Juice on!!!

2 comments:

  1. I've been surprised at how well some produce keeps vs. others. I tend to use a lot of squash, because it keeps so well! If you haven't prepped it yet, you can keep it on your counter for several months - if you have prepped it, it'll keep for quite a while in the fridge as well. Squash is also filling and a little sweet.

    Another thing I've used to make juice that seemed odd at first is eggplant. It makes a good amount of juice and it tastes pretty good too. If you DO get squash, get all the nummy squashes in season right now! Butternut and delicata have probably been my favorites so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips. I love squash and will check it out. The eggplant too.

    ReplyDelete