Monday, October 31, 2011

Day 21! Happy Halloween!!!!


In honor of this Day 21, I did a little reading about habits and breaking them. I have always heard that it takes 21 days to make or break a habit and believed that to be true. I did not set out on this journey to break any habits. But, if it happened, as a side benefit, then more power to me. The habit I thought  I  might break, was that of coming home from work, pouring myself some sort of alcohol and plopping down in front of the TV, only doing something minor, such as feeding the dogs. I can't say if I have succeeded, but I can say that I don't do that anymore.

Bad habits are things you do that are detrimental in some way to yourself or others. But, there is a difference in habits and addictions. Smoking and drinking can both be addictions and seen as a habit as well. I used to smoke too, add that into the coming home routine and you have an unhealthy mix for sure. I used to cough all the time. I quit that part of my routine, and I use an e-cig. Yes, I still get the nicotine from it, but none of the other effects the over 4,000 toxins in cigarette smoke give you. I also go for long periods of time without using the e-cig. Why do I still use it? Because I enjoy it and it keeps me from smoking real cigarettes. My cough went away too.

I don't know if food is an addiction or a habit or both. It isn't for me, so this has been easier than it would be if I had that habit. The plus for me is breaking the drinking habit and lack of activity as well as losing weight. It's a win-win situation. Fortunately, I don't think I was addicted to alcohol because I did not suffer any type of withdrawal effects that I could tell. Even caffeine addiction gives you a headache when you stop drinking it. So, it will remain to be seen if my bad habit is truly broken. I have  plenty of time to practice new good habits!!

 And of course, juicing on, is the best habit I have found in a long time! 

Happy Halloweem everyone and stay strong. Those goodies are pure poison, the anti-juice! Remember that and keep it out of your pie-hole!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment