Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day 22......about last night............

Originally, I had planned to skip Halloween, but scheduling changes made it possible for me to go out with the kids after all. Little did I know the perils I would face on that eventful night.

From the small plate of grapes and sliced strawberries, some do-gooder had placed among the R.I.P. cupcakes and nacho cheese, at the office party, to the mashed potatoes and luscious green broccoli at Chili's, to the Kit Kats and Reeses cups that crossed my grasp, it was one temptation after another for HOURS. How did I do, you are wondering? Sure you are.

I did fine. At the office party, I simply left the room with the food. At Chili's I drank a mug and a half of water and thought about the Miss Scarett juice I would be having shortly after. My juicer was in the car along with the ingredients, all prepped and ready. As for the candy, by that time I was juiced up again, so even though I like some of it, I didn't really want it.

So there are two important things here. The first one is to think about any situation that you may find yourself in and the potential temptations you might face. Then, prepare for it. I knew that I would not have much time to make my juice, so I made sure to get everything ready ahead of time, as far as peeling, cutting, etc. I didn't have time during the day to make it, so took what I needed with me. Also, made sure I was making a juice that I really like, so I would look forward to having it, instead of anything else. That helped a great deal.

The second thing is cheating. It would have been easy for me to think that one little slice of strawberry wouldn't hurt anything, or a bite of broccoli, maybe even a tiny Snickers bite would be ok. And it might not have hurt anything, physically, for me to have eaten something. However, the mind is very powerful and that is where the downfall of cheating lies. Commitment is crucial to success. Cheating undermines commitment and your mind knows. Cheating will weaken resolve and lead to failure, whether it's one tiny bite or a loaded pizza, it's the same thing. Cheat and be cheated. That about sums it up.

I was a bit tired yesterday, from not sleeping because I drank my juice too late in the evening. However, I did all that I wanted to do and felt very good all day. Lost another pound too!!!! Another thing I noticed is that I don't get heartburn anymore. I used to take a Tums a few times a day. Not sure when that went away, but it's gone for sure!! Bonus!

Juice on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment