Friday, November 4, 2011

Day 25....Validation

I haven't really said anything lately about my own progress, so I thought I might, especially after something that happened to me late yesterday afternoon.

So far, I have lost 18 lbs. Along with the 2 I lost the week before I went on the juice only fast, that is 20 lbs. Pretty impressive I suppose. I do not look any different to me. I still can not see my feet when I look down, or my collarbones. I know they are in there. I sort of measured my waist when I started and did so again early this morning. Looks like I am smaller by 3-4 inches. I do feel a little bit lighter, and I think I mentioned that it is easier for me to get into my car now. I am wearing some smaller clothes, but I wear loose shirts and so not much to notice there. However............

Late yesterday, a co-worker I had not seen in a couple of weeks, stopped by to say "Hi." She turned the corner and saw me and her eyes got really big. She said, "Oh my gosh, you look so different, you are glowing! You look radient." Me? I don't think I ever have "glowed" in my life. Maybe it's from all the carotene in the carrots. She went on to say that my face looked thinner and I looked thinner and even younger. I have this one good wrinkle between my eyebrows, from frowning, and I had noticed that it didn't seem as pronounced lately, but thought it was just my imagination. Maybe it isn't. Maybe all the nutrients, being so good for the skin, as we all have heard, can reverse the effects of aging to some extent. I'm down for that!

Well, her kind words made me feel very good. The look of surprise on her face when she first saw me, made me feel even better. Stepping on the scale is good, but getting validation from a person is very motivational.

Sometimes, when the only change you notice is from the scale, it's easy to get discouraged, especially if the scale doesn't change like we hoped or even at all. My point for today is to KEEP going. You may not notice anything and the people who see you constantly, may not notice the gradual changes. There will come a day, when someone will ask that cool question....."Have you lost weight?"  And you can just smile with your glowing, radiant face, and tell them all about juicing.

Juice on............and thanks Sarah.

1 comment:

  1. That's great that somebody took notice of your changing appearance! I've lost 20 lbs and believe me, it makes a difference! Mostly in that my pants no longer fit very well, and not wearing a belt is rather dangerous.

    ReplyDelete