Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 30....The halfway mark.....wow

Thirty days. I can hardly believe it. The time has flown by and now I only have 4 more weeks and a couple of days left. That means I have to get really busy. I sure would like to lose more than 20 pounds in the next 30 days, but the weight loss has slowed down for me. The energy level, on the other hand, is terrific! I'm happy, but not quite where I thought I might be at this point. I do plan to adjust my ingredients to see if that will make a difference, like 1 apple instead of 2. That, and ramp up the exercise, now that I feel like it.

It takes a long time to get fat, sick, and nearly dead. Getting that way will make you lazy, mainly because you just don't have the energy. It's important when making a lifestyle change, to keep things as simple and easy as possible. It's too easy to think that something is just too much trouble, especially if it is. I have been thinking about that and here are my ideas for keeping a juice fast simple.

1. Make lists of things that you will need for a week or a few days. I am lucky in that I don't have to have anything in my refrigerator but my own food. I also have a second one out in the garage that I use too. I can buy for a week at a time.  I suggest making as much room for your produce as possible and buy enough for at least 3 days at a time. This will save time, and the food is right there waiting for you. No excuses.

2. About the fridge....over time, I found that I figured out the best way for me to store everything. I put the same things in the same places every week. This way, I don't have to pull out every bag at once just to get only what I need for dinner. Do whatever is logical in your own mind and keep it that way. It will help. Trust me, little things are important.

3. This has been mentioned before, but it bears repeating. Plan ahead for events that you may have to attend and be tempted. Take your juicer with you if you have to. Think about the possibilities and come up with the best plan of action for yourself. Being prepared, in reality, and in your mind, will save you from doing something you might regret later.

4. Try to use recipes with no more than 6-7 ingredients at the most. If you have to pull too many things out, peel this and that, scrub down more, cut up and down, and take a half an hour or more, just to get ready to juice, well, too much trouble. Forget about it.

5. If you don't like tap water, and I don't, splurge just a little bit, for the length of the fast, and buy some water that you like. You will drink more of it. It will also taste better to you as you rely on it and juice only. Not only that, good grief, it's water and we all deserve to have something we like. I think it might be cheaper than cokes. I don't know how much cokes cost these days.

6. Buying a juicer is quite an investment. Read the reviews. Aside from the watts and size of the chute, among other features, pay attention to the ease of cleanup. No one wants to spend more time cleaning up than is necessary. Too much clean up is too much trouble. Again, forget about it. Not going to happen.

7. Have a good knife and a good peeler. You just have to. Not needed, but nice to have, a salad spinner.

8. Get a bigger brush than what comes with the juicer. I discovered this not that long ago. Dumb dumb dumb. The one I use is pretty soft, and since it is larger, takes less time to clean the basket. Want to see my brushes? Sure you do.

What? You did not think I would pass up the chance to show off my Joe Cross-autographed Breville when I get the opportunity? It gives me cred. Sure it does too!!

Well, that's all I can think of right now, to keep things simple and organised. Please add a comment with more ideas. I believe my neurons are getting stronger, but I can't think of everything. 
 
As Joe says, Juice on!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great advice Victoria!
    I'll be starting with the 5 days of juice/blended veg. on Monday and I am looking for all the advice I can get. I hope to do 60 days juicing after that. Thank you for the tips and inspiration!
    You are doing great!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete