Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day 23.....and the beat goes on....or is that Beet??

Thinking about what to write about today led me to some more research into the sensory changes brought on by a fast. I found a good list of some changes and I have experienced just about everything on the list. I got it from this site: http://www.natural-weight-loss-myths-revealed.com/fasting-for-weight-loss.html

"Results of Fasting for Weight Loss
  • Mental clarity is improved and brain fog is lifted.
  • Rapid, safe weight loss is achieved without flabbiness 
  • The nervous system is balanced 
  • Energy level and sensory perception is increased. The longer the fast, the bigger increase in energy and vitality. You normally need less sleep.
  • Organs are revitalized 
  • Cellular biochemistry is harmonized
  • The skin becomes silky, soft, and sensitive
  • There is greater ease of movement
  • Breathing becomes fuller, freer and deeper
  • The digestive system is rejuvenated and becomes more effective; the peristaltic action of the intestines (the cause of a natural bowel movement) is stronger after fasting.
  • Fasting retrains your tasting sense back to more healthy food as acute sensitivity is restored. 
  • Fasting can increase confidence in our ability to have control over our lives and our appetite, and that our body is self-regulating and a self-healing organism capable or establishing balance when given the possibility to do so.
  • Normal metabolic and cell oxygenation are restored.
  • Detoxification - as soon as the body realizes that it's fasting it will begin to eliminate those things that cause disease, such as fat cells, arterial cholesterol plaques, mucus, tumors, stored up worries and emotions." 
  •  
  • I started noticing changes about 5 days in. ( I don't know how to get rid of these bullet points!!!!!) I didn't really believe that things were changing, but everything seemed clearer and more intense. The juices started tasting better and better. I have NO idea if my organs are revitalized. Maybe I should go to an airport and stand in that "naked machine". "Hey guys! How's my organs looking today?" Get some return for my tax dollars. Wait a minute, I'd have to lie down on that conveyor belt and get X-rayed. I think I might be able to fit through there now, thanks to my 22 days of JUICE!!! Woo Hoo!! 
Juice on!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Oh, now the bullet point goes away. Formatting......geez o man. 

2 comments:

  1. this was really interesting! i definitely feel a lot of those positive effects. especially not worrying as much. that seems crazy, but things that used to bother me 100% only bother me maybe 25% now. i find i have greater self control in areas other than just food, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing isn't it, how this change does effect different areas of our lives in a most positive way.
    Thanks for the comment. :-)

    ReplyDelete