Saturday, November 5, 2011

Day 26.....a little late

Late, late late. So sorry, had to get to the store early so the kale wouldn't be all picked over. Seems like this juice discovery is spreading. Maybe I need to keep my  mouth shut to protect my supplies.

Today, I woke up while it was still dark. I mean a w a k e. It's Saturday. I never wake up early on Saturday. I look forward to sleeping late on Saturday and Sunday, all week. I just stayed in bed till it began to get light and thought about things. Finally, I decided it was time to get going and I did. I was at the store by 9 a.m. Unheard of! Turns out, there are plenty of people running around at that hour.

A lady at the store asked me what I was going to do with all the kale I was loading into my basket. I wasn't creative at all, and just told the truth, juicing it. I know that more and more people are doing it because the checkout girl said, "you must be juicing." That's pretty cool. Way to go Joe Cross.

 One of my co-workers ordered a juicer yesterday, because of me. Well, he needs it too, but I don't think that he would have even thought about it. It will be fun to swap recipes and tips with each other. Another co-worker asked me for recipes. She has a juicer already. but new to the process. And there's another that went to a screening of Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead, when I told her about it, and she is going to start juicing soon. I am trying to spread the word, and hope that it creates a snowball effect. Doing that means that I have to be really good and lead by example. I think we can all do that. I started out with this quite selfishly. That has changed. One person can make a difference, and it doesn't matter how big or small.

One last thing for today and then I think I am going to go for a bike ride. I used to rarely talk to anyone when I went out shopping. no one talked to me either.  I talk to people all day at work, so am anti-social when away. The past couple of weeks or so, I have talked to people everywhere I go. Sometimes, they even talk to me first, like the lady this morning, asking me about the kale. In another store, a worker asked me if I was finding what I needed and I told him that they didn't have it, but I would come back. He went off, came back and gave me 2 special coupons for next week. I didn't see him do that for anyone else in the store while I was there. Is this some other odd side effect of juicing? Is it giving me the "happy" aura?

Down another half pound. Juice on!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, here it is!
    babsbakie@gmail.com

    On Facebook, you might be notified that you have a message by the little symbols at the top bar, sort of blue. The symbols are between the word facebook in white and the search bar the way mine is set up. There is where your requests for friends, new messages and new posts of possible interest are indicated when you click on the symbols, for messages it is like a cartoon message drawing....sort of. It is possible that your FB settings prevent you from seeing it, but it let me send it twice, so it is NOT consistent?

    ReplyDelete
  2. and yes, juicing promotes a "happy aura"! :-)

    ReplyDelete