Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day 45.........Race day and Happy Thanksgiving!!

It certainly is going to be a big day today for lots of people. There will be many challenges, lots of good food, lots of good juice, I hope, too. I don't see any reason not to enjoy the food, even if you aren't eating it. When I first started, I made people let me smell their food. Sometimes, if the wind was blowing right, the smells from one of my favorite restaurants would blow through my backyard. Instead of trying to get away from it, I embraced it and just filled up with those delicious smells. They say that without a sense of smell, taste goes way down. I don't know about that, but I do know that smells have no calories and are Free! I don't have to eat it to enjoy it.

There is plenty of advice out there for social gatherings. Maybe it's too late today, but being prepared is important. Have your juice or juicer with you. Drink plenty of juice and water so you are full. If you do decide to eat, try to be smart about it. If you have been juicing for a while, also, be careful what you eat. You don't want to make yourself sick. If it were me, I think I would be scared to eat much of anything except for some steamed broccoli or a bit of sweet potato. Being scared to eat is sure different from being a brave strong individual. Today, though, I am not a chicken, I will do my run dressed as a Turkey!

Later, I want to find a pretty place to have my Mean Green and think about things. I am thankful for the sames things most people are. I am also thankful for the odd happenstances that fall into my life sometimes. Like how I found out about all this in the first place. Want me to tell the story?.......................Sure you do!!!

It's not a long one. I record and listen to a radio show on my phone. One evening, back in early Sept. I think it was, I was listening but not paying much attention. I did catch a part where the guys were talking about some documentary called Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. I did not hear everything that they said, so backed up the recording and wrote down the name. I have never heard them mention it again. Even though I record the show, I don't listen to all of it all the time. Plus, they didn't go on and on about it. I could have easily missed it. I don't think I would have heard about it, even now. I was not looking for a way to lose weight, not thinking about going on a diet. I was happy in my miserable ways. After about a week, I remembered it and decided to watch it. As many, many people have said, it changed my life. I saw it and thought that this is what I need to do, something radical. But I wasn't ready right away. I researched and let the idea roll around in my head. Finally, it was time to take action, and here I am, fixin to run in a crazy Turkey Trot! I never would have imagined that, for sure. Maybe I will live happily ever after, but regardless I will be healthier.

Be thankful for the small chances we get if we pay attention. It's so easy to miss an opportunity. I'm thankful for the stray comment that can help me, the fleeting idea I might get and grab on to making my life better. I'm thankful to be able to pass something I've learned along to help someone else. I'm thankful for people who take the time to pass along their wisdom to me, free for the taking. Shoot, the fact that we live in a day and age that allows us to get fresh produce that we couldn't grow is a big thing to be thankful for these days. There is plenty more and I will be thinking about it and wishing everyone the best day today!

Juice on and thanks for reading.....it means a lot to me!

1 comment:

  1. Never fails to amazes me how quickly life can change.. a small comment, a friend request, an email, turning a corner and bumping into someone..

    ReplyDelete