Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 43........Exercise..........do I have to?

First a short update. The scale moved down 2 whole pounds!! I was happy about that, even though I knew it had something to do with bathroom city that I wrote about yesterday,. It just proves that what I was saying about waste management is true. One more pound to go and I will have lost 30, counting my practice week when I lost 2 without trying. Did 2.5 miles on the treadmill at a better pace than I have been. I could have gone longer but I didn't have enough time. Will run once more today and then take a rest day before the Turkey Trot. Normally, I would carb up the night before a race. I haven't decided what to drink. It probably won't really matter. It's a short one and I am not in decent shape for it. 

Now about exercise. I don't much care for it. I don't mind running, if I have something to listen to while I am doing it and I like the way I feel afterward. I always liked getting my exercise by doing things, like riding my bike, sailing, swimming or windsurfing. Fun things, like hiking around exploring places while camping out. I even used to ride horses quite a bit, a long time ago and loved that. When you gain weight, you don't feel like doing those things anymore. A downward spiral takes place into a sedentary lifestyle.

Juicing or going on a juice fast has done 2 things that are making it easier for me to exercise. The weight loss is one and increased energy is another. But why exercise at all? What else are you supposed to do with all that energy? That is not a good answer. I think that it's important to start building some muscles that have gone unused. I think it's important to do it as soon as you can. Start out by walking or swimming. These activities are easier on the body in general and not so hard to do. I started walking at first. I also have some exercise videos for the computer, but you can find all kinds of things on You Tube for free. Do a 7 minute version of the Cha Cha Slide. That'll get your heart pumping. It doesn't matter how long you go, as long as you do Something!

Why worry about building muscle especially since it is heavier than fat? Because muscle burns calories, more muscle, more calories burned-even if you aren't doing anything. Once done with the fast, wouldn't it be nice to have some built in calorie burners encrusting your slender torso? Sure it would!!!! Take advantage of extra energy and............

Juice on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment