Friday, November 11, 2011

Day 32..........a quandry

Yesterday I got to work from home, as I sometimes do. At lunch, I went out for a run. It was great! Hardly anyone was around, it was cool, bright and sunny. Better than a treadmill. I have a nice free app that lets you plot your routes online, so you can approximate how far you are going. I like to have a goal for that, instead of just going out for a run. I will go farther. The app plays any music that is on your phone and also gives you progress reports as you go. It talks to you. It's called Runkeeper. I have an iPhone, but I'll bet you can get it for other phone OS's. I really like it.

I've been wanting to write about something that's been worrying me for some time. I know someone who, several years ago, lost over a hundred pounds fairly quickly. At first I thought she had become ill or had surgery. Later, I heard that she just went on a diet, but I never found out what it was. I don't pry. Her hair got thinner and I swear she looked 20 years older after losing all the weight. She doesn't look anorexic, but just drawn and kind of tired.

I always looked younger than I am. I have good elastic skin and not very many wrinkles. However, I am afraid that the weight I gained over the past few years is hiding some signs of aging. What if I get hog jowls and a chicken neck? What if I actually look my age or older? How vain am I? Very. Not enough to have any cutting done and, I hope not enough to risk my health over my looks. How much is enough? I suppose the guidelines that you can find all over the place for height to weight ratios will have to do. Still, am I trading one bad image for another? I just wonder.

Still......Juice on!!!

1 comment:

  1. I have been concerned about the same things. I have skin like yours. Thick and still elastic but I see signs of wrinkles starting and I think the fat is puffing them out and will be more pronounced when I loose the weight. On the other hand in the movie these guys looked great and I wondered where all that extra skin went. lol! Weight training helps but I don't know how much and that is not for your face. ;)

    ReplyDelete