Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 28.....Quick one, more juice tips

The more you do things, often the more you figure things out. I have some more info about Kale and how to get the most juice from it. I think this would apply to any leafy greens.

The first one, is, to conserve water, soak the leaves in a big bowl of water for 10-15 minutes or so. I think that this does a better job of cleaning anyway, judging from what I see in the water after I take the kale out. This is 2 days worth, so I used a Big bowl. Swish it around a bit a few times while it soaks.

Next, cut the ends off and put them in a cup, like you would flowers. Do this overnight, or for several hours, at least. Here are the 2 bunches, crammed into the Big cups.


When you juice the leaves, do it on High speed, if you have a high speed. I always used low, until recently. I discovered that the high speed will spin more juice out. If you have a fancy dancy juicer that grinds things instead of the centrifugal kind, then .....nevermind.

Had a great time yesterday. Went to the park with the kids so they could take their training wheels off and try to ride. They did! I took my scooter and rode all around the park, twice and then some. My 6 year old granddaughter had called me earlier to ask if I finished my report. I said, "Report?" She said, "You know, about your juice." She had overheard us talking about my blog, must have asked what a blog is. She told me that she thinks it's a good idea for me to write my reports every day. She wrote one too, about us going shopping for fruits and veggies, and making them into juice. It's amazing the influences we can have. Want to see a picture of me and my scooter? Sure you do!

You didn't think it had a motor, did you???

Juice on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment