Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday=Day Four!


Friday!! Yay!! Doing well, slept better. Last night I made this: 
V-Gr8 (great) – A heartier, more healthy version of V-8.
(Makes 26 oz.)
Spinach – 9 oz. = 3 good handfuls
Carrots with tops removed – 8 oz. = 2 large
Beet Root – 1 oz. = 1/8 of a large root
Green Onion – 1 (including green and white part)
Celery – 4 oz. = 1 1/2 sticks
Italian Parsley - 2 oz. = handful
Tomato – 16 oz. = 2 super large tomatoes
Add 1/2 teaspoon of tajin Clasico Seasoning to the mix. Didn't have this so used a tiny bit of Cajun Seasoning
It was very good, but when I juiced the onion, oh did my eyes water!! Fortunately, I have some swimming goggles and I will wear them next time. I liked this juice because it had a lot of flavor and the onion kind of lingered. 
I decided that I need some kind of system for this to work, so am making a spreadsheet of the ingredients I need. This way, I can determine what I need to buy for a week and keep track of the cost. I won't end up getting something I don't need and also, will have everything I want on hand. I plan to take the time to get 3 days of produce ready at a once. I just need to figure out the best way to store it all. 
Feeling good though. Last night I felt like I needed a little something awhile after I finished my juice. A half a glass of water took care of that. I am sure glad I like water. 

Here is a picture of my lunch. It's the Origianl Mean Green juice. I like it. Notice my cool glass straw?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment