Monday, October 17, 2011

Seven Days.........what????

This is the beginning of the end of a week of no solid food for me. It hasn't been as difficult as I thought it would be. But yesterday, watching football was kind of hard. I really wanted some beer, chips and queso!!

Lost 6.5 pounds according to the scale, but I can't tell any difference. It will take more than that to make a change in me.

Getting all the shopping done and preparing some of my lunch veggies ahead of time is very helpful. I will have time to go for a walk tonight if I feel like it. I'm fighting off some congestion I picked up somehow over the last couple of days.

This morning, I substituted a celery stalk and a carrot for one of the apples I have been using with some watermelon for breakfast. I could taste the celery, but it was tolerable. Celery and carrots have so many good things in them, and celery, practically no calories, so I wanted to cut back on the fruit a little bit and use the veggies instead.

Some people experience a greater weight loss initially than I have and then settle in to losing about a pound a day, from what I have read. This did not happen for me and I think it is because I was already eating a large amount of steamed vegetables and salads. My system was fairly cleared out. Yeah, I'm saying that I wasn't carrying around 5 pounds of poo in my intestines. That is so gross, but it's true. I am happy with a pound a day loss I still can't figure out how it's working, but I don't care. 

I think this is a good place to stop for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment