Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day Three, already?

Time flies!! I feel good.

Last night I decided to make the original Mean Green juice, even though it has celery in it. My previous juices were drinkable, but not so great. Here is the recipe:

1 Bulk of Kale, about 6 big leaves
4 celery stalks
1 cucumber
2 granny smith apples
1/2 of a lemon
lump of Ginger

Naturally, I changed it a little bit, substituting Gala apples and a small lime instead of the granny apples and lemon. It turned out as pretty a green as any of the pictures of it I have seen. Best of all, it really tasted good to me. I like the little kick that the ginger gives it. Made it again this morning for my lunch juice. 

I have decided that I have to make this easier for me and come up with a system. First, I am going to find about 5 juice recipes that I really like, and a couple of fruit ones for breakfast. Next, I am going to figure out exactly the ingredients I need to make enough juice for one week. I don't have time to be wasting gas and running to the store several times a week. Third, I need to come up with a way to prepare several days worth of breakfast and lunch fruits and veggies, so at night I only need to make my dinner juice. This way I will have some time in the evenings to go for a walk. Will post what I come up with......

I did not say my starting weight. It's too embarrassing for me to admit. Unlike many person's blogs I have read, I have not struggled with being overweight all my life. In 1992, when I trained for and ran a marathon, I was at my heaviest since having children, 5'7" and 125 lbs. The muscle I gained accounted for the extra weight. I was a lean machine. I do not expect to get back to that. It would be unrealistic. But I do expect to get back to a reasonable facsimile.  That is my goal and I will run again.


2 comments:

  1. May I ask if you used organic produce? I am considering juicing but can only afford conventional most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not use organic produce. I just wash the heck out of it. You can soak it in a wash.
    1 cup water
    1 cup vinegar
    2 TBS baking soda
    2 TBS lemon juice

    I never did and I'm still alive.

    ReplyDelete